The Boston Bruins rewarded David Krejci for a career season Tuesday, signing the forward to a multi-year contract extension. Krejci established career highs in goals (22) and assists (51) while playing in all 82 games, and his plus-minus rating of plus-36 led the league. He added two goals and six assists in 11 post-season games. Krejci, a second-round pick of the Bruins in the 2004 draft, has 28 goals and 72 assists in 144 career regular-season games. The 23-year-old native of Sternberk, Czech Republic made US$850,000 last season, and was set to become a restricted free agent.
• High school girls’ rugby: Tier playoffs at Titans Park — Notre Dame vs. Lindsay Thurber, 4 p.m.; Rimbey vs. Rocky Mountain House, 5:30 p.m.
• High school boys’ rugby: Tier playoffs at Titans Park — Notre Dame vs. Lindsay Thurber, 4 p.m.; Rimbey vs. Alix, 5:30 p.m.
• High school boys’ soccer: Olds at Central Alberta Christian, 4:15 p.m., Michener Park.
• High school girls’ soccer: Eckville at Hunting Hills, 4:15 p.m., Collicutt East.
• Midget performance baseball: Okotoks Black at Red Deer, 7 p.m., Great Chief Park.
• Senior men’s baseball: Sylvan Relics at Lacombe Stone and Granite, 7 p.m.
• Men’s ball hockey: Wild Cats vs. Sharks, Jac X Machine vs. HSE, 9:30 p.m., Kin City.
• High school boys’ soccer: Sylvan Lake at Alix, 4:15 p.m.
On the tube
• Major League Baseball: Los Angeles Angels at Toronto Blue Jays, 5 p.m., TSN.
• Major League Baseball: Atlanta Braves at Chicago Cubs, 5 p.m., Peach.
• Major League Baseball: Arizona Diamondbacks at Los Angeles Dodgers, 8 p.m., RSW.