Under the knife
Brett Favre recently had arthroscopic surgery on his ailing right shoulder, ESPN reported Sunday night, another indication the three-time NFL MVP is considering coming out of retirement. ESPN, citing two anonymous sources, reported that Favre had surgery last month to repair the torn biceps tendon that bothered him late last season with the New York Jets. Favre retired in February, but the Jets released him at his request in April — making him a free agent. According to the report, Favre has thrown on a limited basis since the surgery, but isn’t close to 100 per cent. Minnesota said it would be interested in Favre if he comes out of retirement.
• Senior men’s baseball: Cheers Pub vs. Lacombe Stone and Granite, Cheers Pub vs. Del Rohn, 7 and 9 p.m., Great Chief Park 1 and 2; North Star Sports vs. Printing Place, 7 p.m., Great Chief 2.
•Men’s ball hockey: Wellington West vs. East 40th/Ladwig’s, Sharks vs. Original Joe’s, 9:30 p.m., Kin City.
• Parkland baseball: Red Deer at Eckville, 6:45 p.m.
• Senior men’s baseball: Del Rohn vs. North Star Sports, 7 p.m., Great Chief Park 2.
• Women’s fastball: Red Deer Bantam vs. Badgers, Sliders vs. Ice, 7 p.m., Great Chief Park 1 and 2; Ponoka at Lacombe, Stettler at Delburne, 7 p.m.; Panthers vs. Bandits, 8:45 p.m., Great Chief 1.
• Men’s ball hockey: Canadiens vs. Jac X Machine, HSE vs. East 40th/Ladwig’s, 7 p.m.; Mariners vs. Raiders, Eh Team vs. Wild Cats, 8:15 p.m.; Original Joe’s vs. Wellington West, Bo’s/Sports World vs. Boston Pizza, 9:30 p.m.; all games at Kin City.