Tractor Traylor dies
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico — Former NBA player and University of Michigan basketball star Robert (Tractor) Traylor has died in Puerto Rico. He was 34. The Bayamon Cowboys team said in a statement Wednesday that Traylor apparently died from a heart attack at his apartment. The team said he had been missing for days. The Cowboys said he had been sidelined by an injury lately but had remained in the U.S. territory to complete his rehabilitation. Traylor was drafted by the Dallas Mavericks as the sixth pick overall in 1998 but played for the Milwaukee Bucks his first two seasons. He spent seven years in the NBA and also played for Cleveland, Charlotte and New Orleans. He was six-foot-eight and weighed nearly 300 pounds. Doctors had operated on his aorta in 2005.
• High school boys soccer: Notre Dame at Sylvan Lake, 4:15 p.m., Fox Run; Innisfail at Alix, 4:15 p.m.
• Men’s ball hockey: Wild Cats vs. Branley’s, Raiders vs. The Wild, 7 p.m; Original Joe’s vs. Sports World, Trican Eagles vs. Canadiens, 8:15 p.m.; Just Cuts/Mini Lube vs. On-Side Restoration, Cruisin Auto vs. Boston Pizza, 9:30 p.m.; all games at Kin City.
• High school girls soccer: Hunting Hills at Alix, Lacombe at Notre Dame (at Collicutt West), Eckville at Central Alberta Christian (Michener Park), Sylvan Lake at Lindsay Thurber; all games at 4:15 p.m.
• High school boys soccer: Lindsay Thurber at Olds, 4:15 p.m., Olds College; Lacombe at Hunting Hills, 4:15 p.m., Collicutt East.
• Ultimate fighting: Pure Fighting Championship. 7 p.m. start, Westerner Stockmens Pavilion.
• Junior B tier 2 lacrosse: Red Deer Sword Transport Revenge at Red Deer Weatherford Renegades, 8:30 p.m., Kinex.