Calgary Flames winger Curtis Glencross was suspended three games by the National Hockey League on Monday for a blindside hit that left New York Rangers captain Chris Drury with a concussion. A woozy Drury was helped off the ice after the hit only 48 seconds into the Flames’ 3-1 win at home on Saturday night. The Rangers were breaking out of their zone when Glencross came across the ice from left-wing to hit Drury, who did not have the puck. No penalty was called on the play, which apparently was missed by the officials, but the NHL reviewed the incident. Glencross will miss games Tuesday in Montreal, Friday in Buffalo and Saturday in Toronto. He will lose US$18,652.86 in salary. The Rangers lost another centre when Brandon Dubinsky suffered a reported broken bone in his right hand when he was hit by a shot from Jay Bouwmeester. He is expected to be out three weeks.
• Men’s basketball: Wells Furniture vs. RDC Royals, Burnt Lake Stable vs. Knights, 7:15 and 8:30 p.m., Lindsay Thurber.
Heritage junior B hockey: l Rimbey at Blackfalds, 7:30 p.m.; Airdrie at Stettler, 8 p.m.
• WHL: Red Deer at Kamloops, 8 p.m. (The Drive)
• WHL: Red Deer at Kelowna, 8 p.m. (The Drive).
• Curling: Red Deer Super League, 8:45 p.m., Red Deer Curling Centre.
• College women’s hockey: SAIT at RDC Queens, 7 p.m., Arena.
• Men’s basketball: HMI vs. Vikings, Damage Inc. vs. Tagish, 7:15 and 8:30 p.m., Lindsay Thurber.
• Men’s soccer: Supernova at Red Deer FC, 8 p.m.; UK United at RD Rangers, 8:15 p.m.; Original Joe’s at Atlas United, 9 p.m.; Ro-Lynx FC at Griffins FC, 9:15 p.m.; Bosnian Canadians at Condor Lockhart, 10 p.m.; Ferus at Vonway Homes, 10:15 p.m.; all games at Collicutt Centre.