EDMONTON — The second of three teenage girls who overdosed on ecstasy this past weekend on Alberta’s Paul First Nation has died.
Leah House was among a group of girls taken to hospital early Sunday after overdosing on drugs at a wedding celebration. Trinity Dawn Bird, aged 15, was taken off life support hours before House died.
A third girl is still in hospital in Edmonton.
The girls were part of a group of up to nine youths who had taken the drug near where a wedding was taking place on the Paul First Nation, 80 km west of Edmonton.
RCMP were advised that traces of the street drug ecstasy were found in the teens, but no form of poison was found, said RCMP Cpl. Wayne Oakes.