Minor midget AAA
The Red Deer IROC Chiefs were fit to be tied during the weekend, battling to respective 2-2 and 3-3 ties with the Calgary Bruins and Red Deer North Star Chiefs.
Ross Heidt and Scott Ternes scored against the Bruins, while Thomas Della Siega stopped 16 shots.
Gabe Bast fired two goals in the tie with North Star. Dylan Fontaine also tallied for IROC and Joseph Desrosiers stopped 23 shots.
Replying for North Star were Chris Gerrie, Chase Thudiumn and Jaden Sveinson. Jayden Sittler made 32 saves.
North Star also dumped the Calgary Gold 8-3 as Thudium, Matthew Thiessen and Allan Pruss each tallied twice and Mik Doell and Logan Hermus also connected.
Rylan Bardick made 23 saves for the win.
Tyler Yach fired four goals and Tyler Loomer recorded a hat trick to lead the Sylvan Lake Lakers to a 9-2 thumping of the visiting Calgary Canucks.
Landon Wolitski and Kale Lapointe also tallied for the Lakers, who got a 33-save effort from Keith Idland.
The Lakers also scored a 9-5 win over the visiting Cranbrook Ice as Bryce Boguski talled twice and Lapointe, Yach, Brock Boguski, Tyson Stange, Ryker Leer, Travis Mayan and Robin Carlson added singles. Idland stopped 33 shots.
• Tom Vanderlinde, Courtland Wood and Ryan Spiller scored for the Innisfail Flyers in a 6-3 loss to the Calgary Blue. Flyers netminders Greg Pols and Klay Munro combined to make 27 saves.
• The Lacombe Rockets were 4-3 losers to the host Lethbridge Hurricanes, with Troy Maclise scoring twice and Ben Funkhouser once in a losing cause and Brandon Woltjer making 25 saves.
• The Red Deer Elks, despite Spencer Yeats and Connor Einhorn scoring the first two goals of the game, dropped a 4-2 decision to visiting Airdrie. Brady Jewan made 15 saves in a losing cause.
Red Deer Kings Energy took top honours in a weekend tournament at Coaldale, beating Lethbridge 4-3 in a shootout.
The Red Deer team recorded earliers wins over Coaldale and a Calgary team.
The Lacombe Rockets blasted past the Red Deer Steel Kings 10-1 as Ty Wagar netted three goals, David Luymes and Jordan Jacobi each potted a pair and Ty Glasman, Riley Workman and Tyler Bell had singles.
Lane Congdon made 18 saves while surrendering a goal to Josh Bussard. Steel Kings stopper Geordan Andrews blocked 37 shots.
• The Innisfail Flyers got goals from Chance McKnight, Josh Gette and Connor Olsen in a 6-3 loss to the host Lethbridge Raiders. Flyers goalie Aiden Doel made 43 saves.
In another game, Innisfail downed the host Southwest Rockies 5-2 as Kelsey Katchuik scored twice and Olsen, Brett Dach and Reed Engman also connected.
Flyers goalie Reid Money blocked 18 shots.
• Red Deer Ramada netminder Josh King made 30 saves in a losing cause as the Chiefs fell 2-0 to the Wheatland Warriors at Strathmore.
The Lacombe Rockets split a pair of games, edging the Foothills Bisons 4-3 at Blackie and falling 5-1 to the host Airdrie Lightning.
Jarrett Brandon scored twice against Foothills, with Dayton Playford and Braden Klessens supplying the other Rockets goals and winning netminder Jordan Gill making 35 saves.
Levi Glasman potted the lone goal against Airdrie. Justin Verveda made 45 saves for Lacombe.
• Ryan Nielson, Justin Paarup and Eric Moore scored for Red Deer TBS in a 6-3 home-ice loss to the Medicine Hat Venom White. TBS netminder Dawson Weatherill stopped 43 shots.
• The Innisfail Flyers got a hat trick performance from Jeremy Klessens in a 6-3 loss to the host Medicine Hat Venom Black. Greg Baumgardt made 27 saves for the Flyers.