BRIDGEPORT, Conn. — A Connecticut newlywed is credited with helping save a family from a house fire while still in her wedding gown.
Officials say Georgette Clemons had just left her wedding reception Sunday evening when she spotted smoke coming from a home in Bridgeport.
Clemons says she got out of the car she was riding in and ran to the home, then pounded on the door to warn the occupants.
Firefighters arrived and battled the blaze after members of the Eitelberg family were rescued.
Meanwhile, Clemons folded her muddied wedding dress nearby.
Clemons says she messed up her shoes.
But she says it’s no big deal because the people inside the burning home are safe.