NEW MINAS, N.S. — More proof that smoking is hazardous to your health.
A man filled up a couple of gas containers in New Minas, N.S., today but didn’t have a lid for one of them.
He put the containers in his trunk and drove off but soon noticed a smell of gas.
The man pulled into a parking lot, but instead of checking the containers right away decided to have a smoke first.
New Minas Fire Chief Jim Redmond says the resulting explosion and fire destroyed the car.
The man escaped with only singed hair on his head.