• This Left Leg is a Drag — Literally (Serious Jokes about MS,) a one woman show about the experience of living with Multiple Sclerosis, will be performed on Aug. 24, 2 p.m. at Bethany Care Centre — Collegeside on the Campus of Red Deer College. Tickets, $8, are available at the MS Society or call Audrey at 403-346-0290.
• Alix Wagon Wheel Museum regular hours are 2 to 4 p.m. Wednesdays and Saturdays in June and Sept., and 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays in July and Aug., and on Sundays in conjunction with special events in Alix. Other openings may be available upon request. See the pioneer kitchen, bedroom, parlour, settlers’ tools display, school room, local church collections, memory room with exhibits from World Wars I and II, and the Boer War, historical mural and more. Admission by donation. Refreshments may be available with advance notice. Phone 403-747-3119.
• Bocce Ball drop-in is held on Thursday mornings at 10 a.m. — weather permitting — outside at the Golden Circle Senior Resource Centre. This is a non-competitive and fun way to meet people, make friends, and enjoy the outdoors. Drop in fee of $1. Call Leona at 403-342-4747.
• Cronquist House afternoon teas and light lunches will be offered Tuesdays to Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Reservations are preferred but not necessary. Last day for year, Aug. 28. Contact Shelly at 403-346-0055 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Everything’s Comin’ Up Roses for the Central Alberta Women’s Emergency Shelter. Purchase a bouquet of mixed roses in honour of Friendship Week, Aug. 25 to 28. All proceeds go to help victims of domestic violence in the community. Bouquets are on sale for $15 at Bower Place Shopping Centre, Aug. 25 to 27 and the Red Deer Farmer’s Market on Aug. 28. Roses are donated by Grower Direct.
• Red Deer Legion Old Time Dance on Wednesdays presents, Gaetz Valley Minstrels on Aug. 25. Smorg, 5 p.m. $11.95, dance, 7:30 p.m., $6. For information call 403-342-0035.
• Downtown Market will be held on Wednesdays from 4 to 7 p.m. from June 2 to Oct. 6 at the former Arlington Hotel site at the corner of 51 Ave. and 49 St. Contact Laura at 403-340-8692.
• Innisfail and District Garden Club meets the fourth Wednesday of each month (except Dec.) at 7 p.m. at the Drop In Centre. Meetings feature speakers, tours, films, contests, plant exchanges and more. For more information call Davina at 403-227-1141.
• Sit and Be Fit exercise program is held on Wednesdays starting at 10:45 a.m. at the Golden Circle. A $2 drop-in fee applies. Phone 403-343-6074.
To be included in this listing, please email event details to email@example.com, fax to 403-341-6560, or phone 403-314-4