• The Nutcracker, a magical Christmas tradition, will be presented by the Red Deer College Conservatory of Ballet students on Dec. 18, 7 p.m. and Dec. 19 at 1:30 and 7 p.m. Tickets available through Ticketmaster locations, 403-340-4455 or www.ticketmaster.ca
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly (T.O.P.S.) is a non-profit weight loss support organization which holds regular weekly meetings in Red Deer and Blackfalds. Learn about nutrition, portion control, food planning, exercise and more. Visit a meeting free of charge. For locations and information call Gail at 403-340-1859 or toll free at 1-800-932-8677 or see www.tops.org. Meetings are held on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays in the evenings, and on Tuesday mornings.
• Fifty-five plus card games (whist) go each Tuesday, 1:30 p.m. at the Ponoka Legion. Call 403-783-3083 for more information.
Drop in Carpet Bowling at the Golden Circle runs each Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. There is a drop in fee of $2. For more information please call Carol at 403-302-9004.
• Red Deer Celiac support group will hold a gluten free pot luck supper on Dec. 16, 6:30 p.m. at Clarice’s. There will be a gift exchange, $10 for those who wish to participate. Contact 403-341-4351 to RSVP. Next regular meeting will be Jan. 18., 7 p.m. at the South Sobeys. For more information call 403-341-4351, 403-347-3248 visit the Canadian Celiac Association at www.celiac.ca
• Salvation Army Red Deer Christmas Kettle Campaign continues at various venues until Dec. 23. Gifts/hampers will be delivered to the families on Dec. 17. Phone 403-346-2251.
• Drop-in Pajama Storytime invites children aged two to six years to the children’s department at Red Deer Public Library Downtown Branch for stories, songs, finger plays, and crafts at 6:30 to 7 p.m. on Tuesdays. Children under three years of age must be accompanied by an adult. The fall session ends on Dec. 14 and the winter session starts on Jan. 11. Phone 403-346-4688.
• Ponoka Seniors’ Drop-In Centre musical jamboree sessions take place every Saturday from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Cost $2, includes refreshments. Everyone welcome to sing, play an instrument or just enjoy the music. Phone Glen at 403-783-3850.
• Dutch/Afrikaans Christmas Celebration takes place on Dec. 14, 2:30 p.m. at First Christian Reformed Church. Enjoy singing, Dutch/Africaans sing-along, fellowship, refreshments, with emcee Dr. Jack Hielema. A much needed collection will be held for Salvation Army. Phone 403-346-5659.
• Senior Citizens Downtown House dance, Tuesday, Dec. 14 at 7:30 p.m. with live music by Frisky and Friends. The cost is $6. Phone 403-346-4043. Lunch provided by donations.
• Central Alberta Brain Injury Society (CABIS) Family and Caregiver Support Group meets the second Tuesday of every month from 12 to 2 p.m. at 301 4805 48 Street. Phone the CABIS office at 403-341-3463. The next meeting will be Dec. 14.
• Rocky’s Organization for Animal Rescue (ROAR) meets every second Tuesday of the month at Rocky Mountain House Elementary School library at 6:30 p.m. The next meeting will be on Dec. 14. Those interested in animal rescue, or for information, please call 403-844-6024.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly (T.O.P.S.) Innisfail meets every Tuesday in the basement of the Innisfail United Church. Weigh-in from 12:30 to 1 p.m., with meeting beginning at 1 p.m. Call Rose at 403-227-6903, or Elsie at 403-227-3508.
• Overeaters Anonymous meets Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m. at Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd, 40 Homes Street. This 12-step program of recovery is for individuals experiencing difficulty with overeating. No dues or fees. See www.oa.org, or phone Phyl at 403-347-4188, or Margaret at 403-347-1350.
• Bower Place Community Association seniors’ coffee and card party and special potluck will be on Tuesday, Dec. 14 at Bower Kin Place with lunch at noon and cards to follow. Call Marlene at 403-343-0632.
• Old Fashioned Holiday Fun! for all ages — children to seniors will be offered on Dec. 15, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the downtown branch of Red Deer Public Library in the children’s department. Enjoy festivities including gingerbread houses, crafts, activities and more. Phone 403-346-4688.
• Christmas Cookies and Crafts for teens aged 12 to 17 years will be offered on Dec. 15, 4 to 5:30 in the Waskasoo/Kiwanis Meeting Room at the Red Deer Public Library Downtown Branch. Teens are invited for some festive fun decorating cookies and making crafts that can be given as gifts. Phone 403-755-1146.
• S.P.I.C.E. Preschool Annual ABCs of Christmas Concert will be presented at 10 a.m. on Dec. 15 at Sunnybrook United Church. The preschoolers will perform their concert and have a special visit from Santa Claus following the concert, and enjoy fellowship and food. Please bring a generous donation for the Red Deer Food Bank. Phone 403-352-7777.
• Ponoka Hospital and Care Centre Auxiliary monthly meetings are held the third Wednesday of each month in the chapel at 2 p.m. The Ponoka General Hospital Gift Shop is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays, weekends, and evenings by appointment. New members are always welcome. Phone 403-783-3145.
• Flower Focus meets the third Wednesday of each month in the Red Deer River Naturalists room at the Kerry Wood Nature Centre from 10 a.m. to noon. Bring a lunch. Please confirm your attendance at least two days prior to the meeting by phoning 403-886-4905. On Dec. 15 the group will discuss Family Cactaceae with Eileen Ford.
• Metis Local 492 Wednesday Potluck is held every week at #1 4814 Ross St. from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Join in for food, networking, and more. Contact Myrtle at 403-391-0808, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Deer Legion Old Time Dance with Country Express is on Dec. 15 at 7:30 p.m. Cost is $6, or $11.95 with buffet starting at 5 p.m. Phone 403-342-0035.
• Christmas Open House at the Canadian Cancer Society office, 101 6751 52 Ave (east of Save On Food north,) will be open from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Check out their new office and enjoy some tea and treats. Call 403-347-3662 for more information.
• Celebrate the season at the holiday open house of the Heart and Stroke foundation on Dec.16 from 1 to 3 p.m. Light snacks and refreshments will be served. Their new office is located at 202-5913 50 Ave. RSVP before Dec. 14 by calling 403-342-4435.
To be included in this listing, please email event details to email@example.com, fax to 403-341-6560, or phone 403-314-4325.