• Heartland Cowboy Church will be held the first and third Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. in the Stettler Agriplex.
Cowboy church will be held Sept. 7 and 21. Phone 403-742-4273.
• Overeaters Anonymous meets Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m. at Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd, 40 Homes Street. This 12-step program of recovery is for individuals experiencing difficulty with overeating.
No dues or fees.
See www.oa.org, or phone Phyl at 403-347-4188, or Margaret at 403-347-1350.
• Bargain Treasures Thrift Store welcomes gently used items, except large furniture, computers and monitors. Please bring items inside the back door at 5217 Gaetz Ave. during business hours from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The store is run by volunteers and all proceeds stay in the community. Phone 403-347-9711.
• Lacombe and District Garden Club meets the third Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. at #4 Iron Wolf Boulevard (lower level).
All gardening fans welcome.
A $2 drop-in fee applies.
Phone Pamela at 403-782-5061.
• Chain Lakes Poker Rally Ride hosted by the Scott School Community takes place on Sept. 26 from 10 a.m. to noon. All riders must register.
Pancake breakfast goes from 9 to 11 a.m. For more information call 403-783-6858.
• Celiac Support Group meets in the coffee lounge at the south location of Sobeys Inc. on the third Tuesday of every month starting at 7 p.m. The next meeting will be on Sept. 21 with a Red Deer Regional Hospital dietician as guest speaker. Contact Fay at 403-347-3248, or Clarice at 403-341-4351
• World Alzheimer Day and Coffee Break kick-off will be held on Sept. 21 in support of Alzheimer Society. To host a coffee break, or find out where one is taking place contact Darlene at 403-346-2540. Open house at the Alzheimer Society Office goes on Sept. 22. from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (closed over noon hour).
• Red Deer Branch of Alberta Genealogical Society meeting will be held on Sept. 22, 7 p.m. at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Bower neighbourhood. David Makowsky will speak on the Alberta-Ukraine Genealogy Project. Contact Betty at 403-347-6351.
• Kvitka Red Deer Canadian Ukrainian Dance Club registration for 2010-2011 dance year will be offered on Wednesdays during Sept. at 6 p.m. at Festival Hall. All ages. No previous dance experience is necessary. Singles and couples welcome. It is not necessary to be of Ukrainian ancestry to join. Contact Irene at 403-346-5712, or Doris at 403-347-2344.
• Red Deer Legion Old Time Dance with Gaetz Valley Minstrels is on Sept. 22 at 7:30 p.m. Cost is $6, or $11.95 with buffet starting at 5 p.m. Phone 403-342-0035.
• Golden Circle Ho-Downers are a fun band of seniors who entertain other seniors in nursing homes, lodges and by special request. Practices are held on Wednesdays starting at 2 p.m. Everyone welcome. For more information call Bea at 403-346-5802.
I• nnisfail and District Garden Club meets the fourth Wednesday of each month (except Dec.) at 7 p.m. at the Drop In Centre.
Meetings feature speakers, tours, films, contests, plant exchanges and more. For more information call Davina at 403-227-1141.
• Sit and Be Fit exercise program is held on Wednesdays starting at 10:45 a.m. at the Golden Circle. A $2 drop-in fee applies. Phone 403-343-6074.
• Rock and Roll Dance Party takes place at the Red Deer Legion on Sept. 24, 8 p.m. Tickets, $15, are available at the Legion.
To be included in this listing, please email event details to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 403-341-6560 or phone 403-314-4325.