A large group of Central Alberta volunteers recently teamed up to supply children with the Boys & Girls Club of Red Deer with re-conditioned bikes and educate young riders about bike safety.
Peace officers also engraved identification numbers on each child’s bike for future security.
Darcy Baron, regional coordinator for the AMA, said the event was an extreme success and that partners are looking forward to hosting the event annually.
Contributing organizations included:
• the Alberta Motor Association
• the City of Red Deer
• Red Deer County
• Red Deer Optimist Bike Club
• Safe Communities of Central Alberta
• the Royal Canadian Mounted Police
• Alberta Health Services
• Subway Restaurants
• SportChek of Parkland Mall